The CASL-2 measures oral language processing skills of comprehension and expression across four categories: lexical/symantic, syntactic, supralinguistic, and pragmatic. It preserves the strengths of the original and highly regarded CASL, yet offers the most up-to-date measure of oral language skills available. Use the CASL-2 to evaluate response to intervention or track improvement over time.
Features and benefits
- Offers the flexibility of 14 stand-alone tests in one comprehensive yet specific battery.
- Shares the same underlying Integrative Language Theory as the Oral Passage Understanding Scale (OPUS) and the Oral and Written Language Scales, Second Edition (OWLS-II).
- Features all-new normative data and more extensive clinical groups.
- Addresses current technology with updated item content.
- Features full-color easels with new artwork that is engaging for young children.
- Expanded age range for most tests includes younger children.
- Updated record form makes scoring easier and includes an Item Analysis Worksheet for each test to help develop intervention plans and write IEP goals.
- Requires no reading or writing.