Beta-4 is a nonverbal measure of adult cognitive abilities. The test has a variety of occupational and educational applications and is great for use with diverse adult populations within a wide range of language skills and intelligence levels
The leading adult nonverbal assessment, Beta-4 includes a variety of occupational and educational applications. Technicians, paraprofessionals, and others in the fields of psychology and education can also administer Beta-4 to a group or individually.
- Assess different areas with five main subtests: Coding, Picture Completion, Clerical Checking, Picture Absurdities, and Matrix Reasoning.
- Link to academic achievement for further analysis of learning issues.
- Use in one-on-one or proctored group settings.
- Use in prison systems to assess intellectual ability of inmates.
- Evaluate employment readiness of new hires for companies.
- Determine placement of students in vocational schools.
Pearson has increased the efficiency, accuracy, and simplicity of the Beta-4 while retaining the same five subtests covering multiple facets of intelligence and key advantages of the Beta III.
- New norms and items.
- Updated and contemporary artwork.
- Extended (upward) age range.
- Low floors for individuals with average and lower cognitive abilities.
- High ceiling with more challenging items.
- Simplified and streamlined instructions.