ASA is a tool for early identification of young children who might be at risk for auditory skill deficits and/or early literacy skill difficulties. This screener provides accurate, developmentally based results to help determine which children may need follow-up, intervention, or further evaluation.
- Assesses auditory skills critical to the development of oral and written language skills.
- Serves as a low-tech, friendly screener for young children (no headphones or audiometer required).
- Indicates performance across each domain on the ASA, which may indicate a need for further follow-up evaluation, immediate intervention/instruction in auditory skills, or re-screening.
- Offers the youngest age range in a published auditory skills screening and can provide an early warning indicator.
- Reflects best practices in behaviorally based auditory screening.
- A perfect companion to routine hearing screenings within the given age range.