An assessment that’s fun!
Miller Function & Participation Scales (M-FUN) is an fun and engaging developmental assessment tool authored by world renowned motor development expert, Dr. Lucy Miller.
The M-FUN is engaging for all children and allows you to assess a child’s functional performance as it relates to school participation. The M-FUN can be used to assess children with lower motor-function skills and those with mild, moderate or severe motor impairment.
Use the M-FUN to:
- Assess functional motor skills in natural contexts
- Measure performance and participation in 2.6 to 7.11 year olds
- Link performance of functional activities to neuro motor foundational abilities
- Use as an outcome measure to monitor progress over time
Developed in line with the ICF framework, the M-FUN incorporates hands-on functional activities that appeal to children, with items that examine children’s development in fine, gross and visual motor skills.
- Identify underlying neuro motor foundations through engaging, functional activities and occupations typical of home and school
- Individualized workbook for each child to simulate early school activities— writing, drawing, tracing, and cutting
- Scaled scores, percentile ranks, and age equivalents for fine motor, gross motor, and visual-motor
- Strong reliability and validity evidence in both normative and clinical groups, including individuals with mild to severe motor delays
International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF)
The World Health Assembly endorses the ICF and encourages its use in research and observation of a person’s healthcare. In line with the ICF framework, the M-FUN addresses activity and participation as well as body structure and function.
- Visual motor
- Fine motor
- Gross motor
- As well as performance, the M-FUN measures participation using observational checklists in the:
- Test environment
- Home environment
- Classroom environment
- Scores available: average, below average and well below average
- Outcome measure: track improvement with progress scores
- Monitor growth in motor ability over time with multiple administrations
- Includes a profile that enables you to examine the child’s ability in the areas of, hand function, non-motor visual perceptual abilities, postural abilities and executive function & participation
Includes these fun, age-appropriate activities:
- Amazing Mazes
- Race Car Game
- Clay Play
- Make a Fish
- Bouncing Ball Game